Request a Medical Record
To receive a copy of your medical record or to authorize John Muir Health to release your medical information to someone else, you need to send your request in writing, including a signed Authorization for Use or Disclosure of Protected Health Information form (English or Spanish), to the Health Information Management department.
- Authorization for Use or Disclosure of Protected Health Information
- Autorización Para El Uso O Divulgación De Información De Salud Protegida
Unless you are using the record for continuity of care, we may charge a fee for the costs of copying, mailing or other supplies associated with your request. Upon receiving your request, we will let you know if there is a fee and how much.
To submit your written request for Walnut Creek Medical Center, Concord Medical Center or Behavioral Health records, please email HIM@johnmuirhealth.com, message via MyChart, mail, fax, or hand deliver your signed authorization form to the Health Information Management Department located at 5003 Commercial Circle, Concord, CA 94520. Our medical record department is open Monday - Friday, from 9:00AM to 4:00PM.
John Muir Health - Health Information Department
5003 Commercial Circle
Concord, CA 94520
Phone: (925) 947-5373
Fax: (925) 947-3235
Next steps after requesting medical records
- Please allow up to 14 calendar days for your request to be processed. If you indicated the option to pick-up your medical records, you will be contacted by the Release of Information Office when your records are ready. A photo ID is required.
- If an individual other than the patient is picking up the records, then that individual must have an original signed authorization letter from the patient and a photo ID.
- Learn how to request share access to a child's or adult patient's online health record at John Muir Health through Set Up Family Access.
- Once you have obtained and reviewed your records, if you find an error that requires correction, please discuss it with your provider or use the Addendum or Correction to Medical Records form to request a correction/amendment. Please include a copy of the page(s) where the error(s) occur and the completed form. You will receive a written reply within 60-days but for more complex cases, this may be extended an additional 30 days.