What is MyChart?
MyChart is a secure online portal where you can view and manage your medical information whenever it's most convenient for you. Features include:
- Schedule appointments online with your doctor and urgent care
- Message your care team
- View lab results
- Pay your bill online with e-check or credit card
- Get on a wait list for earlier appointment times
- Check-in early by completing forms and paying your co-pay online
- Share your medical record with different doctors and health systems
- And more...
Set Up Your MyChart Account
If you are a new user, you will need to activate your MyChart account using one of the following methods:
- New to John Muir Health or no activation code - Visit MyChart or the MyChart mobile app, click "Ready to create a new account", then click "Start here to create your MyChart Account". Enter your personal details, confirm your identity, and create a login and password. For patients new to John Muir Health, you will also be able to create an account.
- Received a text or email from us - If you recently scheduled an appointment or visited your provider, you may receive an email or text from John Muir Health with a link for instant activation. Click the link and follow the instructions to set up your username and password.
- Request or have an activation code - You may request an activation code from your doctor’s office. For your convenience, this code is also included on your After Visit Summary (AVS). Visit MyChart or the MyChart mobile app, click "Ready to create a new account" and follow the instructions.
If you previously had a MyJohnMuirHealth account, you can log in to MyChart or the MyChart mobile app with your same username and password.
Family Access for Children Ages 0-11
Parents and caregivers can request proxy access to a child’s (ages 0-11) MyChart account. To initiate the request, visit the Set Up Family Access webpage and select Request Access To A Minor’s Record. You will be prompted to log into your MyChart account. After logging in, complete and submit the request form online. The request will be routed to our Health Information Management department for verification and processing. You should receive notification within 7–10 business days.
Access to a minor’s account will include all MyChart features until the child reaches the age of 12, at which time family access will be limited in adherence with California State's adolescent/teen privacy laws. Learn more.
MyChart Accounts for Teens Ages 12-17
Patients ages 12-17 now have the same access to MyChart accounts as adults. Teens can message their doctors, schedule appointments, check test results and more. To set up a MyChart account, teens can call their doctor’s office and ask for an activation code. Activation codes are also printed on the After Visit Summaries provided at the end of a doctor’s appointment. These activation codes are for the teen’s exclusive use. Parents or guardians should not use this code without their teen’s consent.
We take patient privacy laws very seriously. The State of California limits the types of health information we can share with parents about their teen. For that reason, we provide a limited view in MyChart to parents of teens ages 12-17.
With proxy access, parents/guardians can access the following tools for their teen ages 12-17:
- Online messaging to securely message the care team
- Scheduling to help the child set up future appointments
- View/update insurance information
Parents/guardians are not able to access the following types of information for their teen ages 12-17:
- View their child’s list of medications
- See their child’s upcoming appointments
- View lab/imaging results, clinical notes or visit summaries.
Protect Your Account with Multifactor Authentication
Multifactor Authentication, or MFA, adds an extra layer of security to your MyChart account. When MFA is enabled, we can verify your identity by sending you a security code to use along with your password when you log in. Even if someone has your account password, they won’t be able to login and access your information without the extra security code.
Save Time With eCheck-In
Save time at your next appointment by using eCheck-in to fill out forms, sign documents, pay your co-pay, and more, ahead of time.
Make Your In-office Experience Easier with Appointment Arrival
Appointment Arrival, available for the MyChart smartphone app, makes it easy to check in for your in-person doctor’s appointments without going to the front desk. The MyChart app alerts you on your smartphone when you’re close to our office and asks if you’re here. Once you are in your doctor's office waiting room, let us know you've arrived with the click of a button.
To use Appointment Arrival, you’ll need to have the MyChart app downloaded on your smartphone. From there, follow these instructions to enable Appointment Arrival in MyChart. Please note that Appointment Arrival only works on the MyChart smartphone app, not on the desktop computer version of MyChart.
Get Care with MyChart Video Visits
Just like an in-person visit, a video visit is a scheduled appointment with a provider – using secure video conferencing technology. Many symptoms and conditions can be cared for via video visits, including most follow up care for ongoing conditions, and care for new symptoms.
Telehealth Privacy and Security Tips for Patients from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Manage Your Family's Health
To set up access on MyChart to manage the health of others online, for whom you have the legal right to do so, log in to your MyChart account and select Share My Record from the Health menu. You may also download and complete the paper form that is right for your situation. Learn more.
Connect to 3rd Party Applications
We enable you to connect to 3rd party applications (apps) through MyChart to retrieve parts of your health record for your own personal use. Learn more.